The Workshop will include:
1. History of Islam: How it all started; beliefs at the time of inception; what contributed to its success; caliphs who succeeded Mohammed; growth of Islam; two natures of sin; Koran.
2. Teachings of Islam: What are the basics; The Five Pillars of Islam; Jihad; Christ in Koran and the 3 C theory.
3. Islam’s Agenda in America: What is Islam working on? Organizations that represent Islam and why are they here?
4. Role of Women in Islam: How women are treated; what is the perception about women; marriage; divorce; rights of women.
5. How to Respond to the Challenge of Islam: Sinfulness of Mohammed; Salvation in Islam; Allah of Islam; how can we share the Gospel? Why it is important to share the Gospel with Muslims; Grace; Do’s and Don’ts.
When: Saturday, October 4th, 2014 9:00am – 3:00pm (Lunch will be served) You may attend for part of the workshop if you are unable to attend for the whole thing.
Where: Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, 7196 SOM Center Rd., Solon OH 44139
Cost: There is no charge for this workshop. A freewill offering will be received.
To Register: Seating is limited, so please register:
E-mail to email@example.com or
You may leave a voice message in the general mailbox if you call outside of office hours. Please provide your name and the number of people attending, and a phone number or email address in case we should need to contact you with updated information. If you are attending for part of the day, please let us know if you will be joining us for lunch.
About the Presenter
Rev. Farrukh Khan joined POBLO on July 23, 1994. He is originally from Pakistan and comes from a family that converted from Islam to Christianity. While he was in Pakistan, he worshipped at the Church of Pakistan. He worked in Saudi Arabia for 17 years as an engineer where he was worshipping and joining in fellowship with Lutherans Christians while in Saudi Arabia.
Among other duties, Rev. Khan conducts workshops on Islam throughout the year and speaks regularly in churches, giving people an awareness of the ministry of POBLO and enabling individuals and churches to become partners in this outreach to Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs.
Rev. Khan also plants ethnic churches in North America. He is working with all POBLO missionaries in the U.S. and Canada. The responsibilities of opening new ministry sites in North America are also part of His responsibilities.
POBLO is a mission society whose task is to evangelize Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and others and establish indigenous Christ worshipping communities with these ethnic groups.
You can join others in supporting his ministry through prayers and financial gifts… to POBLO International Ministries 35555 Garfield Rd., Clinton Township, MI 48035 Phone: (586) 477-1530 Fax: (586) 477-1548 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: poblo.org