The social ministry at Our Redeemer falls under the title of Human Concerns. With contributions of time, talent, and financial resources, we are able to provide many programs that assist members of our congregation and our community.
- We collect non-perishable food items for our in-house food pantry. This food is distributed to families in need within our congregation and also to members of the community. If you need short-term assistance please call the church office. We will be happy to give you a bag or two of groceries.
- During the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, we offer food baskets to members and community residents in need. We also support those in need with our Giving Tree program.
- We support foreign missionaries with our Penny-A-Day collections monthly. Currently, our contributions help support the Kolb family in Hong Kong.
- We minister to our home bound members and members of the military on active duty with holiday care packages.
- We collect food, clothing and toiletries for the homeless in Cleveland that is distributed through the Hands, Hearts and Homes Ministry.
- We volunteer to sit with home bound members as part of our Helping Hands program, so a spouse or caregiver can leave the house to run errands, keep appointments, attend church or a Bible study.
- We collect pull tabs from aluminum cans which benefit the Ronald McDonald House at Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital. Money from these recycled tabs are given to parents of hospitalized children to help with the cost of cab fares, gasoline and even restaurant expenses.